4/25/12 @ 1:22 pm
2012 JOB FAIR
Sponsored by Michigan
Rehabilitation Services-Western Wayne District
Join us on April
27, 2012 from 9am to 12 noon
30246 Plymouth Rd
Livonia, MI 48150
Sears- Hiring for
all positions – interest in Sales/Commission Sales
concession stores located in Metro airport) - seeking
Rehabilitation- seeking Dining Associates, Lawn Care Associates, Rehabilitation
Assistant (Direct Care), Physical Therapist, Digital Marketing Specialist
General labor, Administrative, Clerical, CNC operators
Public Service Maintenance Worker, Nurse Practitioner,
Specialist, Equipment Repair Specialist
Computer Learning- Account Executive and Technical Instructor
PERSONAL AND SMALL GROUP TUTORING
WRITING AND VOCABULARY SKILL BUILDING
AGES 6 AND UP
Galilee Missionary Baptist Church
Tellis Chapman, Pastor
Leadership Seminar 2009
Theme: "Attitude For Altitude"
1. Seeing Yourself As A Leader
- As a leader, your work and like your life, must bear the scrutiny of your own tough evaluation.
- You will do God no favor if you charge out into ministry with no real understanding of who you are.
-Ignorance about yourself is a self-imposed limitation.
-Power leaders are usually power listeners.
-Listening to those who criticize our position is important for spiritual growth and advancement.
2. Fostering Honest Servant Image
-Leadership is not as it appears but,as it performs.
-Leadership is fibrous and tough not easily torn by discouragement.
-Leadership possesses leaders; leaders do not possess leadership.
3. Networking and The Special Friends
-Every great leader knows that leadership is team stuff.
-Leadership without relationship = disaster
Different types of leaders
Commander - inspires action
Hermit - wise
Encourager - counselor
Catalyst - team builder
directing - provide specific instructions
coaching - direct and closely supervise task accomplishment
supporting - facilitates and support worker's efforts
delegating - turns roles over to the responsible
Chemistry of Friendship
knitting - become one with fellow dreamers and risk takers
clicking - those who connect
avoiding the yes man syndrome, be diversified
read vibes - awareness of sign language
Bloom's Taxonomy refers to a classification of the different objectives that educators set for students (learning objectives). Their are 3 types of learning domains : 1.Cognitive (knowledge), 2. Affective (attitude), 3. Pyschomotor (skills)
1. Knowledge - recall data or information
2. Comprehension - understand the meaning, translation and interpretation of instructions and problems. State problem in one's own words.
3. Application - applies what was learned in the classroom into novel situations in the workplace.
4. Analysis -: Separates material or concepts into component parts so that its organizational structure may be understood. Distinguishes between facts and inferences.
5. Synthesis - Builds a structure or pattern from diverse elements. Put parts together to form a whole, with emphasis on creating a new meaning or structure.
6. Evaluation - Make judgments about the value of ideas or materials.
The following information was retrieved from a Boys Club Event that was sponsored DMC SINAI - GRACE HOSPITAL & IOTA CHAPTER OF SIGMA PI PHI on 8/22/09
INTERVIEW SKILLS (PEP is key)
Preparation - Appearance/dress the part, Smell nice/not strong, Research/know the company, Rehearse/practice, Anticipate the interviewers questions and Think of your own questions.
Execution -Get there early (15 minutes), Have everything you need, Bring a copy of your resume and application and look the part.
Performance - Make a good impression, Make eye contact, Shake hands firmly, Answer well, Ask questions, Gather your thoughts, Don't ramble, Be natural be yourself relax and smile and Follow up/Thank You.
TOP 10 QUALITIES EMPLOYERS SEEK
1. Communication Skills ( verbal and written)
3. Teamwork Skills
4. Interpersonal Skills
5. Strong Work Ethic
8. Analytical Skills
9. Computer Skills
10. Organizational Skills
Thomas A. Doe
321 Main Street, Your City, State, Zip Code Phone Number
Sophomore: Insert your school
Honors: Honor Roll
-Word Processing (Word)
-Elected to the position of Class Treasurer, giving me experience in the areas of mathematics and fundamental accounting.
-Volunteered to help raise money for the high school track team.
-Proficient in the use of personal computers.
-Named captain of the freshmen basketball team.
-Helped to reorganize entirebook collection of the school's library.